I have to admit that if it wasn't for the 3,287 photos on my phone I would forget all about everything that happened during the year and about all of the places I visited on 2013.
It was a great year in a lot of aspects. I changed my logo and branding. I got my strategic/business plan in action. I met really nice people, some clients, some not. All became friends. Some stayed and some moved to other countries to get on with their lives and dreams. I traveled. A lot. The end of the year was not as good, but the balance is definitely very positive.
So a quick balance:
- saw a bunch of very good friends in LA, Tucson, Barcelona and Lisbon. There's nothing better than seeing good old friends and catching up with them.
- Added some new states to my list of US states visited, which now counts up to 28 (and hey I'm not counting 3 that I only briefly drove through…).
- Finally completed the pacific northwest drive that we didn't finish in 2008 and I have to say that Oregon is still my favorite state.
- Global warming made Vancouver and London an awesome place to visit in the summer and Shanghai and Hong Kong a true sauna.. But totally worth it.
- On the other hand the weather wasn't very cooperative in Croatia and Jamaica, but seeing an old friend getting married and seeing the fortress of the series "Game of Thrones" made it all worth while.
- Saw an alligator in the wild in the Florida keys. I'm still wondering why people live there...
- Berlin was absolutely awesome, forget Barcelona, this is the creative place to be in Europe.
Let's see what 2014 brings on…Happy new year!